The Rider's Call
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First of Many {Lunar}

Go down

First of Many {Lunar} Empty First of Many {Lunar}

Post by Peregrine Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:56 am

Cinaed and Keen had flown into Corden two days ago. It wasn't an overly long flight, but the disuse of his muscles made them ache. It was early dawn and the sun was just peeking over the mountainside. Cinaed was already up and dressed. Taking a rag he began to clean his sword. The steel was inlay and sharp as the day he had picked up the order. A small smile glinted on his face.

Admiring the sword for a scant minute, he briskly stood up. Though his muslces ached it was hard to tell. Cinaed always moved with a fluid purpose. An hour passed as he practiced sequences of patterns. The man was an expert swordsman, but he rarely practiced in front of others. His kingdom knew of his exploits, but only because of one or two instances from which rumors had spread.

By the time he was finished, sweat ran down his face and his dark hair hung in his eyes. I'm not sure if that is manly and appealing or smelly and grotesque. Keen grumbled into his mind from where she was curled up and watching.

Cinaed harrumphed, "I like to think it is manly and that the sweat brings a glisten to my skin." He was used to the simple banter with Keen, but if another walked in they may be appalled and start laughing.... mostly because they could only hear his replies.

Ahh well. You had better hope the girl coming this way thinks the same Sir Smelly. Or not, her dragon seems to be male based on scent. Keen rose and stretched, waiting for the new comers to approach their Guildmaster and his bond.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

First of Many {Lunar} Empty Re: First of Many {Lunar}

Post by Peregrine Mon Aug 11, 2014 2:40 am

They've landed. Keen informed Cinaed in her brief manner. Neither of them were creatures of many words. The man moved off and Keen knew he didn't have to say anything. He started forward and she followed, this was how their relationship worked. They couldn't both be making decisions or things got entangled. She got her way however, more often than even he knew.

The pair didn't have to walk far before the small female and her male dragon companion came into sight. Keen could already tell she was larger than the male, though she was often larger than other dragons and this did not surprise her. She pressed out the fan on her face and it's silver color glinted in the light. Her face showed no emotion, but there was a gentle curiosity in her eyes. Sitting on her haunches she wrapped her tail around her feet and her wings folded evenly against her back.

Cinaed had the same placid look on his face, but he looked mostly at the girl. His dark green eyes focused on her figure instead of the dragon's. He trusted Keen enough to allow her to make decisions on his abilities. The girl was pretty, whether she realized it or not, and not nearly young enough for him to think to look away. She had lovely hips and he couldn't help but appreciate them. Keen caught him looking however and snorted at him through their mind connection.

"Hello Rider, may I enquire as to your name and your dragon's?" Cinaed would wait to proffer up his own name. It was entirely possible she may already know him, but then again if she is a new rider she may not. It was always a toss up. His fingers rested gently on his sword hilt out of habit. These two, from first glance, seemed to make a strong pair and he would enjoy having them as part of his convoy.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Aug 11, 2014 3:16 am

He saw her blush and a slight smirk appeared on his face before it disappeared abruptly. This was not why he was here, but a little diversion was not all together unwelcome. His green eyes twinkled with mischief. Keen told him she disowned him in his mind, and he stifled a laugh. "It is lovely to meet you Rider Isolde," He stepped forward, and though it was presumptuous, grasped her fingers and went to bring her hand to his lips. Keeping her hand within his, he figured he had better answer her question, "I am Guildmaster Cinaed and this is my bond dragon Keen." Keen nodded her head at the two. "I am pleased to have met your acquaintance. Do you have an affiliation as of yet? For I would be pleased for you to join with me and my cause." Yes, he knew the hidden meaning there and he could feel that Keen was resisting thwapping him over the head.

Meanwhile, Keen had been busy talking with Tor as Cinaed tried to win himself a lovely lady. I am pleased to meet you Tor. It seems to me the bond is new to you? Yes? She did not really need confirmation. The evidence was there in his mannerisms with his new rider. They had no sync as of yet, but that came only with practice. You will find a better bond with your rider through training. Though Cinaed often goes about introducing females to our cause incorrectly.. She rolled her eyes, obviously displeased with his actions. He means well. We can provide the pair of you adequate training. In return for our care and teaching, all we ask is that you remain under our command until our mission has been completed. Keen did not ask if he was interested. She did not have to. He would let her know in his own way. They all did. And in that she would learn much more about his personality and his potential.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:14 am

As expected, she pulled her hand from his, but it had been nice while it lasted. He had no intentions of a relationship anyway and she seemed too innocent to spoil. Though, she could prove him wrong. "My cause? Surely, you have heard that the Demon King has returned through nefarious means. As in the past, I believe the only way to stop this imminent reign of terror is to bring the Riders to a rise again. Even then, it is a slim hope, but it is a chance I am willing to take." He was talking too much, but that was just to show how passionate he was about stopping this madness that was spreading throughout the land.

Keen chuckled, a deep rumble that bubbled forth from her throat. You may at that. Though I get first dibs at the boy. She looked back at her "ward" fondly. He was a good man. If he ever let anyone in, he might find himself a good girl some day. Unfortunately, she knew this slip of a girl would most likely not win his heart. There was too much of an age difference and she was only but a fascination at the moment. Training for you will require learning how to respond to your rider effortlessly. There are movements that done by yourself are much easier than with a rider, especially in the air. Training for young Isolde will involve sword play and riding. And the both of you will be learning how to take and give commands quickly. Efficiency is key.

Cinaed crossed back to Keen. He had said his bit and if she wanted to follow she would. This was just how he worked. He would never force another to join his Riders. Once they were in however, that was a different story. These Riders must give one hundred and twenty five percent or risk extinction. "I'll be going back to Corden now. If you'd like to learn more and start your training I'd love to have you." A small toothless smile appeared on his face, "Even if you have your doubts, we would be pleased if you camped with us. It is not often that we have such agreeable company."

Keen dipped her head at Tor and Isolde before saying aloud, "I would be honored to have you join us." Pointedly, she looked at Isolde, "If he bothers you, and you do not return his feelings, he knows I'll unman him." Smoke sizzled out of her nostrils and a sinister glint flew through her dark golden eyes. From anyone else this would be funny, but Cinaed winced. He knew a serious threat when he heard one.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:24 am

Keen was excited for these two. Well, as excited as Keen got. She was a very serious creature and older than her years. Most assumed that she was about ten years older than she actually was. It was disturbing on some occasions. "We are happy to have you."

It was tempting for her to want to ask Cinaed to climb upon her back and fly to their camp ground. There was less weaving about these trees with her large body. Unfortunately, it took skill to take off without any steps and go straight up. It also took skill to drop to the ground and land without stepping. It was something her and Cinaed had worked very hard on and was a coveted skill. She had no doubt that Tor and Isolde would be able to do so as Tor was small enough to give him an advantage. Tor, one of the skills you will learn will be to take off from a wooded area and to land in a small clearing without much room to move once on the ground. If you are able to practice by yourself without your rider I would recommend it. Every move you make differs with a rider. There was a possibility he could already do so without a rider, but the small rider often through off balance and some aerodynamics that one would never think of.

Cinaed walked next to Keen, not wanting to take the chance of making Isolde uncomfortable because Keen always made good on her threats. It was something he admired about her. She was a wise leader and he was lucky to have her as his bond.

Cinaed walked slightly in front as he was leading and he had longer legs. He had a powerful stride and a strong passionate mannerism. "So, where are you from Isolde?" His green eyes scanned ahead and he did not look at her. It was a bad habit. "I often don't get out of my realm of influence, and when I do I tend to be alone. Makes it hard to meet people." Cinaed placed a hand on Keen's shoulder and felt her muscles move and moved in pace with her. It calmed him and was something he did quite often.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Peregrine Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:03 pm

Ahh, understandable. Keen's quick mind often produced answers like this. She would deduce reasons for which he was able to do so, and his small frame would have made it a logical reason to learn. So, she tried to amend herself with a more amiable comment. It is very impressive that you have learned this on your own. A toothless smile pressed upon her lips. Showing teeth was often misconstrued as a threat, even when smiling. Because she had met Cinaed at a young age, she often would portray some human traits. We are almost there.

The man shortened his step to be able to walk more comfortably with Isolde. Norhollow. That was the town that had just gotten over run by the Demon King. A scowl formed on his face at the thought. So many lives needlessly scorned and snuffed out. "Ahh, I see. If you need, Keen and I could go pick up any friends or relatives that would be in harms way." Kicking a rock with a shoe, he sighed. He knew that was unlikely. Not many had survived the town's ambush. That was all he really wanted to say on the matter. Hard times are every where now and Cinaed had little pity for people who could not make a life from what they were given. He was hard headed and stubborn in this way.

"I grew up in Corden, but have just recently come back home. My title was just passed to me and Keen and I have been making our way back here, collecting riders to go after the Demon King." Cinaed thought to his wild years. Keen and him had been all over the world, learning and training. When he got the message of his uncle's passing without any heirs, he flew home as quickly as possible. This was a phase in his life that he could never have envisioned. He assumed his uncle would have had heirs, but he has passed young.
Peregrine
Peregrine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum